Brigid saved $94,000 for her kids college fund and kept it at US Bank in a money market account. She thought everything was safe and secure (as most of us do) but was shocked when she looked at a recent statement. She was shocked because the balance was ZERO!
US Bank told her the account was closed because there was no activity in 5 years and it was considered abandoned. US Bank said the money was transferred to the Colorado Treasurer’s Escheat Funds.
Brigid was livid because she had just contacted the bank a few months earlier to give them a change of address, so how could it be considered abandoned? She felt ripped off and called The Troubleshooter Radio Show for help.
When we got involved my Chief Investigator Marc Mager contact US Bank. He also found out that the money never showed up at the state treasury. So what the heck was going on? Where was the money? That’s what we wanted to find out.
Just as we were about to launch a full-scale investigation into the missing money, US Bank informed us that they would rescind the entire transaction and put $94,000 back into Brigid’s account!
The troubleshooter Network is dedicated to helping consumers and we prove it every day by offering free help, information and referrals.
- INHERITANCE TAX - MOST MISUNDERSTOOD! - CREDIT & FINANCE, FRONT PAGE NEWS, LEGAL STUFF 23 Aug , at 9:39 AM
- BUY OR LEASE MY CAR? WHAT'S THE DIFF? - CREDIT & FINANCE, FRONT PAGE NEWS, MOTOR VEHICLES 23 Aug , at 9:28 AM
- WHY DO SOME CARS DEPRECIATE FASTER THAN OTHERS? - CREDIT & FINANCE, MOTOR VEHICLES, TOM MARTINO'S BLOG 7 Aug , at 4:16 PM
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PASSPORTS! - LEGAL STUFF, READY, TOM MARTINO'S BLOG, TRAVEL 7 Aug , at 12:00 PM
- VERBAL CONTRACTS: ARE THEY ENFORCEABLE? - LEGAL STUFF, READY, TOM MARTINO'S BLOG 1 Aug , at 12:00 PM